Instrument & Electrical Technician
JOIN THE PEOPLE POWERING KODIAK
Kodiak understands that our most valuable resource is our employees, and in order to provide industry-leading service and runtime, you must attract and retain premier talent. To accomplish this, Kodiak focuses on providing internal professional development and training, as well as the best benefits package in the industry.
Fully proficient and senior level position responsible for one or more operational compression jobs with direct responsibility for the instrumentation and electrical maintenance and repair activities on compressor packages, gas processes, and rentals. May backfill and assist other field positions on occasion, if necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Direct, coordinate, and perform the job activities in a manner consistent with the Company’s goals and objectives. Take initiative and fulfill duties according to Kodiak procedures.
• Act as a technical resource for more complex issues in assigned region
• Troubleshoot electrical motor controls
• Perform thru hole and surface mount soldering for electronic assemblies
• Perform preventative maintenance (PM) to standard independently under minimal supervision and major maintenance (MM), overhauls, and MOB/DEMOB as part of team
• Troubleshoot all complex repairs and major equipment overhauls and operation
• Troubleshoot and repair all electrical issues
• Participation in all HSE related activities, expert level of knowledge in HSE procedures and policies.
• Cultivate, build, and maintain customer relationships
• Provide information to the Area and Regional Managers for the preparation and planning of area’s budget and personnel needed to provide timely and economical maintenance in assigned area
• Analyze the job parts and supply inventory to effectively, communicate with Supply Chain to ensure a sufficient level of parts for optimal job performance.
• Maintain assigned units in a clean and presentable condition.
• Complete the proper reports and actions required by the area’s operating procedures/policies
• This position will work overtime and be available for on-call rotations. Overtime and on-call requirements include work after regular work, hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Training
• A High School Diploma or equivalent, required
• Advanced knowledge of pneumatic and electric starters, electrical systems, fuel systems, cooling systems, lubrication systems, ignition systems, and other compression related anatomy.
• Preferred- OEM, Trade School and/or 5 plus years comparable work experience in a related field/industry
• Successful completion of Kodiak’s Short Service Employee (SSE) program, plus (a minimum of) 3 years as in a similar role
• Ability to communicate information effectively with all levels of the organization by phone, email, or in person.
• Understanding of the structure and logic of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Deep knowledge in gas processes, mechanic of motor compressors (Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical control systems and to maintain instrumentation systems.
• Possess advanced and complete knowledge of compressor packages, including all components and systems
• Preferred experience with modern engines and compressors used in the natural gas industry, including modern electronic engine controls.
• Ability to perform duties independently with minimal supervision
• Expert knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Valid Driver’s License, with Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) within the acceptable parameters of Company Policy required
• CAT Certifications preferred
• Waukesha Certification preferred
• Ariel Certification
• Requires operation of heavy equipment
• Requires employee to stand for 75% of the time and sit for 25% of the time
• Requires employee to climb ladders or stairs to inspecting, repairing, and painting equipment and must be able to maintain balance on stairs and/or ladders without assistance
• Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
• Must be able to frequently lift at least 10 pounds, infrequent lifting of > 50 lbs.
• High noise environment (>85dbA) will occur with ear protection
• Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Requires work in outdoor conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
• Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions—stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
• Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, hard hats, face shields, hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel-toed boots
• Requires an employee to frequently type and use computer and other office equipment such as a copier, printer, calendar, telephone, etc.
Kodiak Gas Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.