Set Crew Technician, Entry
San Angelo, TX
JOIN THE PEOPLE POWERING KODIAK
Kodiak understands that our most valuable resource is our employees, and in order to provide industry-leading service and runtime, you must attract and retain premier talent. To accomplish this, Kodiak focuses on providing internal professional development and training, as well as the best benefits package in the industry.
Entry-level position that assists in the installation of compression units with responsibility meeting customer needs and ensuring equipment is properly prepared for use. Has entry level diagnostic and repair skills. May assist other field positions on occasion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs job activities in a manner consistent with Kodiak’s procedures/protocols, goals and objectives.
• Can troubleshoot basic issues and is consistently building troubleshooting skill set both on the job and through classroom training
• Attendance and participation in all HSE meetings and ensure adherence to all HSE protocols.
• Analyzes the job parts and supply inventory to effectively communicate needs with Supply Chain
• Maintains customer relationships
• Takes all corrective actions necessary, with assistance if necessary, to insure guaranteed 98% or better mechanical availability of equipment.
• Maintain assigned units in a clean and presentable condition.
• Completes the proper reports and actions required by the area’s operating procedures/policies
• Provides 24/7 coverage
• Works overtime and is available for on-call rotations. Overtime and on-call requirements include work after regular work, hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Training
• A High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• OEM, Trade School or comparable work experience in a related field/industry preferred
• Successful completion of Kodiak’s Short Service Employee (SSE) program
• Some knowledge in gas processes, mechanic of motor compressors (Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar, etc.)
• 1-year compression process, production, and equipment related experience and/or training
• Electrical Troubleshooting skills
• Main competencies: teamwork, effective communication, both written and oral, analytical capability, Strong mechanical aptitude, self-motivation and self-control, initiative, planning, and problem solving, and customer focus.
• Possess basic knowledge of compressor packages, including some components and systems
• Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Valid Driver’s License, with Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) within the acceptable parameters of Company Policy, required.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Requires operation of heavy equipment
• Requires employee to stand for up to 75% of the time
• Requires employee to sit for up to 25% of the time
• Requires employee to climb ladders or stairs to inspecting, repairing, and painting equipment and must be able to maintain balance on stairs and/or ladders without assistance
• Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
• Must be able to frequently lift at least 10 pounds, infrequent lifting of > 50 lbs.
• High noise environment (>85dbA) will occur with ear protection
• Potential, controlled, exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Requires work in outdoor conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
• Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions—stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
• Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, hard hats, face shields, hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel-toed boots
• Requires an employee to frequently type and use computer and other office equipment such as a copier, printer, calendar, telephone, etc.
Kodiak Gas Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.